Pet Stain and Odor Restoration with ProVetLogic Kennel and Turf Care Products
Is there a Difference between Dog Urine and Cat Urine?
Our pets may look different, but there is a big difference in the urine too and not all cleaners are effective in removing these organic based stains and
odors. Dog urine is 95 percent water and 5 percent water-soluble organic materials and ions. The amount of these substances in the urine can vary from time of day, diet and nutrition, but the chemical structure of the urea remains consistent.
For those of you who have owned both cats and dogs, you can attest that cat urine smells much worse than dog urine.
The Science Behind the Smell:
Click here to shop our wide selection of Kennel and Turf Care ProVetLogic Cleaning Products.
The normal concentration of urine is based on specific gravity, which measures the density of the liquid. Normal cat urine specific gravity is greater than 1.040, while a dog’s specific gravity is normally 1.018 to 1.025. What this all means is, dogs have much more dilute urine, is less foul, less concentrated, and less yellow in color than cat urine.
How Does Pet Urine Impact the Restoration Process?
Many of the carpet, upholstery and hard surface cleaners and deodorizers on the market today do not have the inherent chemical ability to effectively degrade and remove pet urine, and especially the strong, pervasive odor of cat urine. ProVetLogic Kennel & Turf Care is formulated with ingredients that have
been specifically selected to degrade those substances commonly found in pet urine, regardless of the species and/or concentration.
Pet Stain Cleaning Protocols:
Sub-floor Cleaning & Preparation:
- Remove carpet or other floor covering.
Backpack sprayers make for easy application of cleaning product.
- Thoroughly clean the floor to remove all loose debris.
- In a pump-up or backpack style chemical sprayer, dilute 4-ounces of Kennel & Turf Care per gallon of water.
- Starting from the back of the room and walking towards the exit, apply a liberal amount of the solution to the surface. IMPORTANT: Spray under baseboards and, if possible, the wall at least 12 inches above the floor surface.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly before installing new floor material.
Basement & Garage Floor Cleaning:
- Remove and discard all solid waste and any visible urine puddles.
- Remove and discard loose debris.
- Apply a liberal solution of 4-ounces of Kennel & Turf Care per gallon of water.
- Agitate surface if needed.
- Rinse or use a wet/dry vacuum to remove any emulsified solution.
- Allow surface to air dry.
- Repeat process if necessary.