The Best Turf and Dog Kennel Cleaner to Ensure Dog Safety and Health
A dog kennel, run or play area surface can be made up of a variety of complex textures, cracks, and crevices, becoming a magnet for soils. This is the perfect environment for odor and disease-causing microorganisms to migrate and multiply. Soiled synthetic turf, concrete and other porous surfaces invite a multitude of health issues related to cleanliness, hygiene and safety. That’s why we recommend using Kennel and Turf Care by ProVetLogic to ensure that the dogs in your care are safe.
About Kennel and Turf Care by ProVetLogic
Kennel and Turf Care by ProVetLogic is a high performance, bacterial-enriched floor and synthetic pet turf cleaner. The environmentally friendly, nontoxic solution
- Degrades organic matter
- Controls toxic Ammonia
- Comes in a concentrated formula
- Smells pleasant
- And most importantly, keeps the animals in your care safe and healthy.
It is recommended for use on kennel floors, stable floors, interior and exterior run surfaces, small and large animal cages, grooming area floors and animal containment area floors. No rinse is required. The unique chemistry provides bleaching action—without the bleach—that brightens surfaces as it cleans and leaves surfaces sparkling clean with a pleasant scent.
Kennel Care is ideal for cleaning concrete, ceramic tile, quarry tile, grout, brick, and rubber mats using either manual or mechanical methods. Inherent biological action continues to clean between regularly scheduled cleaning to help keep soil accumulations to a minimum.
Kennel and Turf Care is the ideal animal facility cleaning solution for:
- Commercial Kennels
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Dog Boarding Kennels
- Dog Grooming Shops
- Retail Pet Stores
- Canine Training Facilities
- Exterior Dog Runs
- Dog Play and Dog Daycare Areas
Artificial Turf Cleaning Protocol with Kennel and Turf Care:
How often to clean synthetic turf?
The frequency of how often synthetic turf surface needs to be cleaned and deodorized depends on a number variables, including:
- Climate: Hotter temperatures and more humid conditions support the growth of odor causing bacteria, requiring a higher frequency. As temperatures cool, the frequency will decrease.
- Use: The more dogs that use the surface on the daily basis, the more times the turf will need to be cleaned.
- The Nose Knows: As soon as there is a hint of a malodor, that’s the time to clean the turf. The longer the period between cleanings, the harder it will be to remove the source of the odor.
The Cleaning Process (with a foam gun):
- Remove all animals, toys, feeding and water dishes from the immediate area.
- Remove and discard all heavy soil, including animal feces.
- Remove sprayer cap and fill reservoir tank with full-strength Kennel & Turf Care.
- Insert desired dilution tip and reapply sprayer cap.
- Attach sprayer to water source and turn on water.
- Starting from the farthest area away from the entrance and walking backwards, apply the foam in a side-to-side motion.
- Apply the foam solution at least 12” up vertical surfaces including wood fences, exercise platforms, furniture, etc.
- Agitate stained areas using a synthetic bristle deck brush.
- Allow the solution to stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove sprayer from foam gun tank and thoroughly rinse the surface into the direction of drain.
- Remove all standing puddles before reintroducing animals to the area. It is safe to place animals on damp turf.
- Although Kennel Care is nontoxic, rinse all toys, feeding and water dishes that may have come in contact with the solution.
- For landscape chips, dirt, sand and other porous substrates apply as directed, but do not rinse surface.
Floor and Kennel Cleaning Protocol with Kennel and Turf Care:
The solution may be applied with a mop, brush, pump-up sprayer, foam gun, pressure washer or automatic scrubber.
- For Light Duty Cleaning and Floor Maintaining: Dilute 1 to 2 ounces of product per gallon of water. No rinse required.
- For Medium Duty Cleaning: Dilute 3 to 4 ounces of product per gallon of water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- For Heavy Duty Floor Cleaning: Dilute 6 to 8 ounces of product per gallon of water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.