- Average cost to defend slip/fall lawsuit $50,000 (NFSI).
- 28% of workers miss 31 days or more from same-level slips, trips and falls (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 86 billion pounds of dust settle over the U.S. each year (“All the Real Dirt Dust”, Discover Magazine).
- About 10 percent of Americans are allergic to some component of dust (Dr. Robert Pumbhrey, Washington D.C.).
- The average six-room dwelling takes in 40 pounds of dust in a year. A private home may have between 800,000 and 1,600,000 tiny bits of dust and particulate matter in every cubic inch of air (TRSA Report “Dust Where We Work”).
- A major source of indoor air pollutants is street dust, carried in on shoes and captured in carpeting (“The Indoor Clean Air Quality Challenge”, Spray Technology Magazine).
- American businesses are spending upwards of $100 billion a year as a result of lost worker productivity due to poor indoor air quality and “Sick Building Syndrome” (Consumer Federal of America).
Floor Mat Placement
Dual Mat System
The best way to keep dirt and moisture from being tracked into your building is to use our dual-mat system at every entranceway: an Outdoor Mat to scrape shoes clean and an Indoor Mat to wipe shoes dry.
Gym Floor Covers
Click here to see the Protex line of gym floor mats and covers.
Contact Bluegrass Jan/San at (502) 382-8320 for more information.
Share our Website on Social Media!