Authorized distributor for Guardian Floor Protection, manufacturers of the highest quality floor mats.
See their products here, then call us at 502-382-8320 to discuss your specific needs.
Floor Protection Matting
Why Floor Mats?
- 91% of shoppers select a store because of its appearance (Progressive Grocer).
- When asked, “What’s the first thing you look at when judging cleanliness?” the most popular first response of consumers was “Floors” (42%); “Smell” was the second (14%).
- (CDI Research 1991).
- Without entrance matting, 1,500 people can remove 42% of the finish from a floor (3M).
- 80% of the dust, dirt and grime in a public building is “tracked in” from the outside (Institute of Industrial Laundries).
- Studies show that one square yard of commercial grade carpeting can accumulate one pound of dirt over a one-week period and up to twice as much during inclement weather (International Sanitary Supply Association).
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a modern building today can exceed $500 (International Sanitary Supply Association).
- It is estimated 90% of building maintenance cost is labor (Cleaning Management).
- 9 million disabling slips and falls with average $21,000/claim (National Safety Council).
- Average cost to defend slip/fall lawsuit $50,000 (NFSI).
- 28% of workers miss 31 days or more from same-level slips, trips and falls (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 86 billion pounds of dust settle over the U.S. each year (“All the Real Dirt Dust”, Discover Magazine).
- About 10 percent of Americans are allergic to some component of dust (Dr. Robert Pumbhrey, Washington D.C.).
- The average six-room dwelling takes in 40 pounds of dust in a year. A private home may have between 800,000 and 1,600,000 tiny bits of dust and particulate matter in every cubic inch of air (TRSA Report “Dust Where We Work”).
- A major source of indoor air pollutants is street dust, carried in on shoes and captured in carpeting (“The Indoor Clean Air Quality Challenge”, Spray Technology Magazine).
- American businesses are spending upwards of $100 billion a year as a result of lost worker productivity due to poor indoor air quality and “Sick Building Syndrome” (Consumer Federal of America).
Floor Mat Placement
Dual Mat System
The best way to keep dirt and moisture from being tracked into your building is to use our dual-mat system at every entranceway: an Outdoor Mat to scrape shoes clean and an Indoor Mat to wipe shoes dry.
Gym Floor Covers
Click here to see the Protex line of gym floor mats and covers.
Contact Bluegrass Jan/San at (502) 382-8320 for more information.